Monday, August 6, 2012

Strawberry Stuffed French Toast

What could possibly make the classic French Toast better??
STUFF IT!

What you will need:
Bread (2 slices per person)
Strawberry Jam (preferably homemade)
Egg
Cinnamon
Sugar
Milk





Add your egg to a dish then add cinnamon and sugar (I use the ''Just cover the egg yolk" measurement, nothing specific)



Give it a good Mix


Add milk (Enough to soak your bread)




The Cooking Process is quick
So get things started and
Add Butter to your pan


Add strawberry Jam to your bread (This is where you get to "BYOC" and add enough for your prefrence, I like only one slice of bread covered, my husband likes so much that it's dripping)

Add other piece of bread
(make a sandwich basically)


Dredge both sides
through egg mixture


Add your Toast to your buttered pan
 ( Be careful, they cook FAST!!)



Flip



Top it how you like! I usually use a dollap of my homemade jam, Walnuts,whipped cream and a single fresh berry

Also good with powdered sugar!

My husband and I don't use syrup but most people like syrup with their french toast, stuffing it with jam usually makes it pretty sweet so taste it before adding syrup
    *BYOC *
    BE YOUR OWN CHEF!

No comments:

Post a Comment