Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Greek Couscous

 
I'm all about side dishes, This particular one is a favorite of mine. This is also great for summer time!
 
 
So before I go into this recipe, I'm sure some of you are asking "What is Couscous?"
Couscous is PASTA!  It is made with Semolina Flour just like Spaghetti or Macaroni. Since it is so tiny it literally cooks in minutes which is why I like it so much. I can make this meal in 10 minutes
 
 

What you will need

1 Cup Couscous
pepperoncinis
kalamata olives
Garlic
Frozen Corn
Feta Cheese
Greek Seasonings (I used dried garlic basil)
1 Cup Water
 
 
This is a TO TASTE recipe. Don't like olives? Dont add them! =)
 This is also great with fresh Tomatos! I just didn't have any on hand
 
I also season with salt, pepper, cajun seasonings and butter
but again, everyone has different tastes.
 

 
 
 
This goes by Quickly.
 Boil Water
Make sure to add a little salt

Add Couscous


Cut off the heat, Cover for 5 minutes
 



 
Slice kalamata olives
Slice pepperoncinis
Saute with Corn and Seasonings
 




by this time your couscous should be ready
Fluff with a fork like you would rice



Add Sauted Veggies
Season to taste
Add feta
(I also added parsley for freshness)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment